i’m terrible at properly constructing paragraphs but i’m decent at making lists so here’s the advice that i wanted to give:
- if someone criticizes you for what you love or believe in don’t let them get to you! you are your own person. at the end of the day, you are the one who makes your own decisions and you are the one that moves forward in your life.
- everybody is fond of something. everybody has a dream. pursue it! go after that goal you have, simple or complex. doesn’t matter if it’s short term or long term. go for it. see what you can do. if nobody believes in you, i will tell you right now that i believe in you.
- in the case that you learn or process information differently, you are not stupid! in the end, you know what a brain is? a bunch of cells and nerve endings. that’s it. everybody’s wired a little differently, and everything perceives things differently. this is why people band together to put their different skills to work. (a writer teams up with an artist to make a comic book, for example.)
- if you think you will go nowhere in life, remember this: there are people from all walks of life that have accomplished different things and the one thing they have in common is that they pushed themselves forward to see what they could accomplished.
- you are wonderful. if you are still here despite all the bullshit and injustice you’ve ever gone through, you deserve all the hugs and good things in the world.
someone told me these things earlier this week and i wanted to relay them to others
i hope this helps someone, even a little bit